Located in San Marcos, CA, M Bar C Construction provides an ultra-reliable solution for general contractors, corporate divisions, and government entities working on large-scale projects. Using light and heavy gauge structural steel, we can incorporate solar efficiency into parking lot canopies, fixed and tracker system parking structure canopies, and ground-mounted units. We’ve been doing this with great success since 1975 and are now positioned for further growth in the coming year.
We now seek a Foreman to coordinate all assigned construction activities to ensure that they are performed safely, within budget, in accordance with all contract documents, and consistent with the M Bar C values. Critical functions include proper project start-up; Safety program management; Crew Leadership, Production; Budget; Jobsite Administration; and Quality Control. This key field position is critical for our ongoing success and will be responsible for the following:
- Project Start-up
- Responsible for ensuring that the project is formally handed off via a joint, pre-construction review of the Foreman Hand-off Work Sheet (FHWS) with the superintendent, in order to gain understanding as to the project scope, options, contract documents, labor and equipment budgets, subcontractors, etc., and assume “ownership” of both the project and the Foreman Hand-off Work Sheet information.
- Jobsite Safety:
- Conduct a pre-construction site safety examination
- Read and understand the approved, site specific safety binder
- Ensure that all emergency procedures, phone numbers, etc. are accurate, are in the safety binder and all personnel have been trained accordingly
- Ensure that all required certifications are current for all personnel and are in the project binder
- Lead and administrate weekly tail-gate meetings, the Hazard Activity Analysis (AHA) process and the Job Safety Analysis (JSA) process
- Perform Daily Equipment checks utilizing the Checklist process
- Ensure that the site is clean and safe (daily)
- Production (project schedule)
- Review the initial Three-Week Look-ahead schedule (with Superintendent) and confirm that the schedule conforms to the overall project schedule and supports the project budgets as indicated on the Project Hand-Off Sheet.
- Budget (allotted amounts for labor, material and equipment)
- Review the overall project budget (with Superintendent) to understand the budgets provided for labor, equipment and subcontractors.
- Work with Superintendent to establish labor and equipment goals for the project.
- Daily monitor and analyze each goal against actual performance and provide a report variances to the Superintendent with root causes.
- Meet or exceed established goals.
- Project Administration (daily/weekly/as required)
- Accurately complete a Daily Task Report. Email daily to Superintendent and Project Administrator.
- Ensure that each worker accurately completes his/her time card and that it matches the Daily Task Report. Email daily to Superintendent and Project Administrator.
- Accurately complete required safety documentation (daily JSAs; weekly tailgate meetings) and file in safety binder. Return to Superintendent at the completion of the project.
- Accurately complete the Concur/AMEX account by the 1st of each month.
- Perform daily equipment checks. Email checklist daily to Superintendent and Warehouse Manager.
- Email all digging releases, scope of work change notices and job sign-off sheet documentation to the Superintendent by the end of the day that the work is performed.
- Quality Control
- Prior to construction, review the QC Inspection Planning Checklist with the superintendent, initialing each area applicable to the project to fully understand the inspection requirements.
- Inspect each applicable task on a continuous basis, ensuring compliance with the requirements and initial and date each compliant inspection on the Quality Control Inspection Report – Arrays sheet(s).
- Note all non-compliant work on the QA/QC Notes Section with a correction plan.
- Upon completion of all work, (perform a final walk with the superintendent and Client (if available)
- Travel to project job sites. Projects can be anywhere in the U.S. although mostly in Southern CA. Will work out of town on some projects, requiring overnight stays during duration of projects. Travel and subsistence pay is available for out of town project work.
Education / Experience: High school graduate or equivalent with 3+ years experience in a supervisory role in construction or related industry or equivalent work experience. Prefer 10 years in the Construction field. Must possess a valid California Driver’s License and be insurable by M Bar C.
Licensing/Registration/Certifications held: OSHA 10 required; OSHA 30 preferred, CPR/First Aid
Travel: Must be able to travel out of town for some projects. Travel and subsistence pay is typically available for these projects. Majority of projects in Southern CA but potentially could be anywhere in the U.S.
Skills, Knowledge, Abilities:
- Committed to safety and possesses the ability to recognize potential hazards, thereby avoiding incidents.
- Ensures that all workers on the project are aware of M Bar C’s commitment to safety and associated expectations and specific hazards associated with each activity to be performed and to ensure each worker is properly trained.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret engineering drawings in order to complete construction to the specified design.
- Ability to read and understand grade stakes, layout points, lines and off-sets.
- Ability to understand project labor and equipment budgets, accurately record and analyze budget data and report to superintendent on performance against the budget.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, and members of the business community.
- Possesses excellent knowledge of the Company’s industry.
- Understands simple construction math and can perform calculations necessary to accurately perform required field activities.
- Ability to effectively communicate, both verbally and in writing. Ability to use Smart Phones or tablets to Text, Email and/or attach forms and documents.
- Ability to effectively and efficiently lead up to an eight (8) person crew.
- Ability to pre-plan the work to ensure that all material, equipment and manpower is in place to meet the schedule and labor and equipment budgets.
- Ability to train apprentices and analyze their ability to safely perform their duties.
- Regularly required to stand for prolonged periods of time. May also be required to walk for long periods of time while completing other duties and responsibilities.
- Must have a full range of body movements including the use of hands to finger, handle, and feel objects such as construction nuts and bolts and hand-held computer devises. The ability to bend the body, to reach for objects, and to crouch when needed are also required.
- Frequently required to lift heavy objects up to 50 pounds and occasionally be in uncomfortable positions
- Works primarily outdoors in a construction environment where may encounter varying weather conditions and temperatures. Normal auto travel hazards will apply. Travel will be in all types of weather including heavy rain and below freezing temperatures with snow conditions.
M Bar C Construction is an EEO employer and embraces diversity in our workforce. The company does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of any status or condition protected by applicable federal, state, or local municipal laws.
M Bar C Construction is Veteran friendly and encourages our military veterans to consider us as an Employer of Choice.
Everyone wants to work for an employer that sets themselves apart from the rest of the field. The 2015 Top 500 North American Solar Contractors shows M Bar C Construction as #8 in Construction, #16 in California, and #45 across all of North America. Come make a difference and be part of a team that cares about the quality of what they make. With core values like Family, Integrity, Commitment, and Quality, you’ll be part of something unique in the field of Construction. Make your mark by joining M Bar C Construction.