Position: Payroll/Human Resources Administrator
Scope of Position: The M Bar C Construction Payroll/Human Resources (PR/HR)Administrator is to assist the Payroll and Human Resources department with their daily task. The administrator will focus on payroll compliance, and certified payroll reports, along with inputting new hires into the payroll system. The PR/HR Administrator is authorized to access Level 2 employee information, as long as their action does not deviate from established corporate policy, violate Federal or State Labor Codes, and is consistent with sound business judgment.
Reporting Relationships: The Payroll/Human Resources Administrator reports directly to, and is fully accountable to the VP of Finance, but will work daily on tasks designated by the Payroll Manager (PM), and Director of Human Resources (HRD).
Job Requirements: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to complete all areas outlined for this position in a satisfactory manner. Listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities necessary to meet the minimum job requirements. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Required: High School Education
- Preferred: Associates or Bachelor degree in HR or related field
- Required: None
- Preferred: Completed Prevailing Wage and Human Resources seminars
- Required: prevailing wage payroll experience
- Preferred: 2+ years in human resource/prevailing wage/benefits management experience.
Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities
- Ability to guide, direct, and inform employees of policies and procedures.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from employees, coordinate with other administrators common in the Payroll and Human Resource operation.
- Ability to accurately review hand written and typed data before entry
- Ability to accurately enter data into Excel spreadsheets as well as construction software.
- Ability to effectively communicate, in English, both verbally and in writing.
Physical – The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by the employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Body Positions: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit for prolonged periods of time.
- Body Movements: The employee must have a full range of body movements including use of hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, computer equipment and peripherals; and bending, reaching, and crouching.
- Body Senses: Must have command of all five senses, sight, hearing, touch, smell and taste. Specific vision abilities required include close vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. These vision requirements in each area must be sufficient to shift in focus from computer screens to close forms.
- Strength: Must have the ability to lift 20 pounds with regularity.
- This position will be working indoors in a climate controlled, smoke free office environment.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Normal work hours are 8:00 am – 4:30 pm, 5 days a week, with 1/2 hour for lunch.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Verify correct prevailing wage rates and creating fringe benefit statements before entering payroll.
- Act as a backup to payroll administrator when they need assistance in data entry.
- Process Certified Payroll Reports onto the DIR/eMars/LCPtracker websites and providing any additional information to the appropriate entities for each PW/Davis Bacon projects each week.
- Complete monthly Trust Fund Contributions.
- Submit DAS 140 to corresponding union halls.
- Create travel rate sheets in Microsoft Word and accurately enter data into Excel spreadsheets as well as construction software’s.
- Provided assistance in verifying subcontractors payroll hours and submitting compliance documents to requesting clients.
- Perform audits on certified payroll reports, and employee reports.
- Assist with company recruiting efforts as needed. Includes posting notices and external advertisements, screening of incoming resumes.
- Provided assistance with filing and record maintenance to both the HR and Payroll department.
- Conduct regular audits to ensure that all personnel records are maintained in compliance with any requirements. Keep files up to date and organized.
- Work with HRD in developing and executing necessary training programs.
- Take any reasonable actions necessary to assist with Payroll/Human Resources and any other duties/responsibilities as may be assigned.
Standards of Performance:
- Information provided to employees is consistent with Company Policy and Federal and State Labor Laws.
- All assigned duties have been completed accurately and in a timely manner.
- Understands the position requirements of all other employees in the office and can perform some of their position requirements.
- Seeks guidance and direction as necessary from the VP of Finance on major issues.
- Demonstrates good judgment in suitably reporting major matters or problems to the HRD, PM, and VP of Finance.
- Respects the confidentiality of company information and ensures that all subordinate staff does likewise.
- Displays a positive attitude and maintains a co-operative working relationship with the VP of Finance, other managers, and all other employees.
- Performs all duties in an independent and expeditious manner with minimal supervision.
- Makes optimal use of time during working hours.
- Consistently displays the ability to recognize and deal with priorities.
- Demonstrates good planning skills that suitably fit into M Bar C’s overall goals.
I have reviewed and understand the above position description and believe it to be accurate and complete, and I can successfully fulfill each duty or task. I also agree that management retains the right to change this job description at any time.