Position: Subcontracts Administrator
Located in San Marcos, CA, M Bar C Construction provides an ultra-reliable solution for general contractors, corporate divisions, and government entities working on large scale projects. Using light and heavy gauge structural steel, we can incorporate solar efficiency into parking lot canopies, fixed and tracker system parking structure canopies, and ground-mounted units. We’ve been doing this with great success since 1975 and are now positioned for further growth in the coming year.
We now seek a Subcontracts Administrator whose basic function will be to control and manage all performance components on multiple projects integrating with the Client, the Estimating department on proposals and all other internal supporting departments who contribute to the success of the individual projects. Key components of Subcontracts Administrator include prequalifying new Subcontractors, maintain current insurance and licensing, issue Master Contracts, process work orders, monitor Lien Releases, and collect/archive Certified Payroll documents.
Subcontracts Administrator Responsibilities and Duties:
- Prequalifies all new Subcontractors to be used by the firm
- Issues Master Contracts to all Subcontractors and process all customer contracts, subcontractors, contracts, and permits
- Maintain all subcontract files which include invoices, owner contracts and sub-contracts with payment(s) received.
- Process Specific Work Orders, Pre-Liens, & Warranties. Monitor all Lien releases.
- Verify invoice accuracy in accordance with job budgets (as much as possible).
- Verify subcontractors are in accordance with prevailing wage requirements.
- Maintain current Insurance & Contractors’ Licenses on all subcontractors & vendors as needed
- Prepare workmen’s compensation insurance and safety reports
- Order and mail Certificates of Insurance.
- Collect and archive Certified Payroll documents
- Interacts with Estimating Dept., Project Management, Operations Management as needed to perform duties
- Cross train others to back-up the Subcontracts Administrator on all essential duties and during periods of absence
- Perform any other duties assigned
Subcontracts Administrator Qualifications:
Education / Experience: high school graduate or equivalent with college degree in business or other relevant major preferred, or equivalent work experience. Coursework in Contracting Law desired. Knowledge of Prevailing Wage rules and Labor Compliance helpful. Minimum of 2+ years experience performing similar duties and experience in Construction and/or Contracting field a major plus. Possess understanding of insurance and licensing requirements.
Subcontracts Administrator Skills, Knowledge, Abilities:
- Understanding subcontracting, insurance, and prevailing wage requirements.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
- Knowledge of standard construction contract wording and procedures.
- Ability to effectively communicate, in English, both verbally and in writing.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Demonstrates good judgment in suitably reporting major matters or problems.
- Able to handle confidentiality information.
- Displays a positive attitude and maintains a cooperative working relationship with all other employees and Subcontractors.
- Performs all duties in an independent and expeditious manner with minimal supervision.
- Makes optimal use of time during working hours.
- Consistently displays the ability to recognize and deal with priorities.
- Demonstrates good planning skills which suitably fit into the overall goals of M Bar C.
M Bar C Construction is an EEO employer and embraces diversity in our workforce. The company does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of any status or condition protected by applicable federal, state, or local municipal laws.
M Bar C Construction is Veteran friendly and encourages our military veterans to consider us as an Employer of Choice.
Everyone wants to work for an employer that sets themselves apart from the rest of the field. The 2015 Top 500 North American Solar Contractors shows M Bar C Construction as #8 in Construction, #16 in California, and #45 across all of North America. Come make a difference and be part of a team that cares about the quality of what they make. With core values like Family, Integrity, Commitment, and Quality, you’ll be part of something unique in the field of Construction. Make your mark by joining M Bar C Construction.