Position: Career – Warehouse Associate/Driver
Located in San Marcos, CA, M Bar C Construction provides an ultra-reliable solution for general contractors, corporate divisions, and government entities working on large scale projects. Using light and heavy gauge structural steel, we can incorporate solar efficiency into parking lot canopies, fixed and tracker system parking structure canopies, and ground-mounted units. We’ve been doing this with great success since 1975 and are now positioned for further growth in the coming year. We now seek a Warehouse Associate/Driver to assist with all warehouse duties and pulling material to be loaded/unloaded onto trucks for delivery to construction project sites.
This key position for our on-going success will be responsible for the following:
- Prepares orders by processing requests; pulling materials; packing boxes; placing orders in delivery area; loading and unloading trucks; safely securing loads.
- Completes deliveries of equipment and materials by driving truck to and from job sites.
- Maintains appearance of truck and completes daily safety inspections.
- Properly secures equipment on delivery truck for transportation; Safely operates equipment in order to deliver to and from job sites.
- Prepares job site materials for future orders.
- Maintains quality service by following organization standards.
- Maintains safe and clean work environment by keeping shelves, pallet area, and workstations neat; maintaining clean shipping supply area; complying with procedures, rules, and regulations. Routinely wears proper safety equipment as required for the task being performed.
- Completes required documentation on transfer requests.
- Provides assistance with building maintenance as may be needed.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Perform other duties as may be requested
Education / Experience: High school or equivalent with minimum of two years’ warehouse experience performing similar duties, preferably in the construction industry. Must be at least 21 years old with valid auto insurance coverage and possess valid Class C CA Driver’s License with a clean driving record
Licensing/Registration Certifications Required: Forklift Operator. Desired: Scissor Lift Operator and Skid Steer Operator
Skills, Knowledge, Abilities
- Must meet or exceed the medical standards of the US Dept of Transportation
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 50 pounds repeatedly throughout the work day
- Must have previous experience driving a 26k GVWR medium duty truck.
- Familiarity with construction equipment, its use and maintenance/care
- Knowledge of inventory systems and controls to ensure accurate stocking levels
- Basic computer literacy with use of MS Office Suite applications such as Outlook, Word, and Excel
- Must be organized with ability to meet deadlines and multi-task. The nature of the industry is fast-paced with time and financial constraints
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and writing). Must be able to effectively communicate with staff, clients, vendors and subcontractors
- Works collaboratively with office staff and outside personnel or sub-contractors, ensuring that they are each aware of the job requirements
- Must be able to work in a warehouse environment where you may be standing for extended periods of time. May occasionally work outdoors in a construction environment where may encounter varying weather conditions and temperatures. Normal auto travel hazards will apply. Some travel may be in all types of weather including heavy rain and below freezing temperatures with snow conditions.
- Must be reliable and dependable since many people are counting on this person to fulfill their duties and responsibilities
M Bar C Construction is an EEO employer and embraces diversity in our workforce. The company does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of any status or condition protected by applicable federal, state, or local municipal laws.
M Bar C Construction is Veteran friendly and encourages our military veterans to consider us as an Employer of Choice.
Everyone wants to work for an employer that sets themselves apart from the rest of the field. The 2015 Top 500 North American Solar Contractors shows M Bar C Construction as #8 in Construction, #16 in California, and #45 across all of North America. Come make a difference and be part of a team that cares about the quality of what they make. With core values like Family, Integrity, Commitment, and Quality, you’ll be part of something unique in the field of Construction. Make your mark by joining M Bar C Construction.