Position: Field Administrative Assistant
Located in San Marcos, CA, M Bar C Construction provides an ultra-reliable solution for general contractors, corporate divisions, and government entities working on large scale projects. Using light and heavy gauge structural steel, we can incorporate solar efficiency into parking lot canopies, fixed and tracker system parking structure canopies, and ground-mounted units. We’ve been doing this with great success since 1975 and are now positioned for further growth in the coming year. We now seek a Field Administrative Assistant to perform the day to day administrative tasks needed to complete the work on construction project sites as directed by the General Superintendents and Director of Safety & Quality.
Scope of Position:
The basic function of the Field Administrator is to:
- Assist the Superintendents and Director Safety & Quality in managing construction project documentation to ensure that work is done per specifications and M Bar C standards.
- Provide backup support to operations, and other departments as needed.
- Required – Two years as an Administrative Assistant or other similar role with relevant experience performing duties of a similar nature
- Desired – Familiarity with the construction industry
Skills, knowledge, abilities
- Must be proficient with computer software (all of the Microsoft software, including Outlook). Job requires: printouts to utilize plan printing, creation of job-site binders, submittal packages, word processing and/or similar spreadsheet programs for use on projects.
- Must be able to type 45 – 55 wpm and perform data entry duties with high level of accuracy and quality
- Familiar with construction documentation to ensure that documents are completed and filed accurately
- Must be organized with ability to meet deadlines and multi-task. The nature of the industry is fast-paced with time and financial constraints
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and writing). Must be able to effectively communicate with staff, clients, vendors and subcontractors
- Works collaboratively with office staff and outside personnel or sub-contractors, ensuring that they are each aware of the job requirements
- Strong sense of decorum especially when providing support to the Reception area; heightened sense of confidentiality
- Basic math skills. Capable of learning basic construction accounting
- Ability to learn how to understand engineering and construction drawings
- Must be able to work in an office and warehouse environment and lift up to 15 pounds
Responsibilities and Duties:
The primary functions of the Field Administrator are as follows:
- Coordinate communication between the Superintendents’ office and all internal departments, field personnel, subcontractors, and clients to ensure efficient workflow.
- Process project start-up activities and coordinate project close-out documents in collaboration with the APM’s to ensure accurate project information is maintained and project deadlines and met.
- Create and maintain job files on the Project drive.
- Prepare accurate project documents at project commencement in a field binder for use on-site. Ensure Safety Procedures are included as applicable to the project location.
- Attend Superintendent and Project Meetings
- Call in Dig Alerts.
- Maintain records and expirations for Field Safety and other certifications.
- Receive time cards and dailies from the field, ensuring all documents from the field are returned, then properly sort and categorize documentation in preparation for handoff to Payroll
- Complete “Handoff” sheets with information gathered from dailies
- Input hours from the dailies into spreadsheet and distribute as required
- Receive all completed Job Binders upon project completion and process, sort, and file documentation as appropriate.
- Prepare “3 week Look Ahead” calendar with direction from Superintendents
- Provide administrative support to General Superintendent and Director Safety to include, but not limited to, report preparations, AHA/JSA reports, presentation materials, and correspondence as required
- Print project plans for upcoming projects and disseminate to corresponding Superintendents and other parties as may be appropriate.
- Request project plans for upcoming projects and disseminate to corresponding Superintendents and other parties as may be appropriate.
M Bar C Construction is an EEO employer and embraces diversity in our workforce. The company does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of any status or condition protected by applicable federal, state, or local municipal laws.
M Bar C Construction is Veteran friendly and encourages our military veterans to consider us as an Employer of Choice.
Everyone wants to work for an employer that sets themselves apart from the rest of the field. The 2015 Top 500 North American Solar Contractors shows M Bar C Construction as #8 in Construction, #16 in California, and #45 across all of North America. Come make a difference and be part of a team that cares about the quality of what they make. With core values like Family, Integrity, Commitment, and Quality, you’ll be part of something unique in the field of Construction. Make your mark by joining M Bar C Construction.